Artiphile may be contracted to provide a basic collections management program and/or address specific collections management problems on a project basis. Proposals are tailored to the needs of each client; no collection is too big or too small. A basic Artiphile collections management program includes:
- Complete inventory at all locations
- Review, collate and digitize all paper records
- Discrepancies between physical inventory and paper records researched and reconciled
- Create object files and digital archives of documents and photographs
- Full condition survey with dated baseline condition reports
- Prioritize conservation and framing needs
- Source and vet proposals for conservation treatments, framing, appraisals, insurance, shipping and storage
- Environmental protections (light, temperature, framing, installation, exposure)
- Design custom catalogue books & reports
- Loan administration and courier services
- Pre-purchase due diligence
Artiphile can coordinate with lawyers, wealth managers, financial advisors, and other fiduciaries regarding succession planning, philanthropy, gifts, trust, sale, etc.
Both Maura and Jennifer are available to give presentations on the topic of care & management for art collections.